Tuesday 7 August 2012

Uncharted 3:Drakes Deception Review


Hi
In this post I will be looking into one of the biggest games on PS3 and-dare I say it- ever, Uncharted 3.
Now to start with lets talk about the bad things in the game, the length of the campaign. Yes I am willing to step outside the box and say that this game is not perfect. The story will take you under 10 hours, now I know this game isn't the only one with a short campaign, but it really does spoil what little there is, due to the fact that you are constantly thinking that this might be the last big gun battle of the game. The story is a compelling one with a constant sense of thrill that very few other games can say they have. The shooting is very nice to use and very accessible to anyone that just comes in and picks it up. This was actually my first Uncharted and I will take away fond memories. Another thing that gets very annoying is the heavily armored enemies that come into the story at various stages they are very hard to kill and are easiest to kill with the use of grandees, that is all very well and good but the grandees are in a short supply. This slows the pace of the game through out. Now onto the crowning glory, the multiplayer, I can honestly say that is is the best multiplayer I have ever had the pleasure to play. The game comes with an amazing 20+ maps, and many fun game modes. The best mode for me is the Survival mode. This is an absolutely brilliant mode that I have and will lose many fun filled hours. There is also a game mode called "The Fun Lab" this mode has ever changing challenges to fill out, at the moment it is a side arm and riot shield only game mode.
Now onto the score:
Gameplay: Very good gameplay with next to no faults.                                                                          8/10
Sound: Amazing lip syncing with some brilliant one liners from the main characters.                               10/10
Graphics: I would say the graphics are unrivaled on the PS3 at this time.                                              10/10
Length: A short campaign leaving you wanting more, but many hours to fill in multiplayer/survival mode. 5/10
Multiplayer: A brilliant multiplayer that I now want in every game.                                                        10/10
That gives a total score of 8.6/10 a brilliant game but will leave you feeling like you have been a bit ripped off.
Thats all for now folks hope you like the post. I will be doing a review for Mass Effect 2 soon so you can watch out for that.
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment