Sunday 14 April 2013

Where could it go next? Mass Effect

Hi guys
Before I get into this I would just like to say that I will be talking about the ending of Mass Effect 3 but I won't be naming any specifics.
   Ok, as you will know if you have played ME3 the graphics look amazing, as do the faces. One of the things I would like to see in ME4 is better lip syncning, I'm not saying it was bad in ME3 but it did pull you out of the experience on a few occasions. The mission list is also a quite confusing thing for me, I get what the missions are and all that, but if I went of and did some side missions I forgot what the main story line mission was. As you may be able to imagine this was quite a pain, but only a small thing. Although nothing forced you  to just to the missions the environments weren't big enough, or interesting enough to warrent a really good look around inbetween missions.
   As you will know if you have read my Mass Effect 3 review you will know my biggest problem with the game was the fact that time was a big factor in the game. If you went of and did a few side quests inbetween missions you were penilised for not dealing with a situation quick enough. You are given a chance to do any side quests you want near the end but it is not made clear enough.
    Another thing I would like to see implimented in ME4 is the lack of need to play the multiplayer to get a better ending in the single player. I personally really enjoyed the multiplayer but since finishing the campaign, I haven't been back to the multiplayer. Also so many people didn't like the need to play the multiplayer. The only saving grace is that it was a very good, glich free multiplayer.
     The last thing I would like to see included in ME4 is a better ending. I won't name specifics but there are certain events that are set in stone. After all the decisions you make certain things will still happen. I don't know if this is possible but I would like the introduction of a random ending engine included. So it takes bits of pre-recorded speech and pegs them together to make a unique ending. Like I say I don't know if that is possible but it would be quite nice. One thing I will say on the engine is that ME4 has been confirmed as being made with the Frostbite 3 engine, which is what BF4 is being made on. Does this mean that we will get the introduction of destructible environments is ME4 how would you feel about that? When I post this post I will put a poll on the blog asking whether you think it would be a good introduction into the series.
I hope you have enjoyed reading, see you soon
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment