Friday 19 October 2012

Battlefield 3:Multiplayer Review

Hi guys
I know that I haven't done a review for the full game yet but I thought seen as I'm playing the multiplayer way way way more that the single/co-op campaign I would just give you stuff as I did it.
       Right firstly for the few bad things in the game. Firstly if you haven't played a BF game before-like me- then it is a very steep learning curve. It takes quite a while to get used to the team based side of it, but when you start to get it-I am about there now- the game really takes form, that form being a very good one. One of my other quibbles with it is, as you may know there are 4 classes with the game, assault, engineer, support and recon. If you unlock a gun set for the support class, take the Scar-H, then you can't use the Scar-H with the assault class. I think this is quite a stupid aspect of the game and hope it is changed for BF4. When you first join the MP for each class you get 2 guns, but each gun can only be used for a specific team. IE one of the start of guns for the support class is the M27-IAR, I personally really like this gun, but I can only use it when I am playing for the American team. There is a totally different gun for when you play as the Russian team. Don't get me wrong when you unlock your fist proper gun with that class you can use it when playing on both teams but the start can be a bit tricky.
     My last problem is the sound, the sound cuts out all the time, I don't know if it related to which server you are on or just one of those things, but it is very annoying when all you can hear is your own foot steps, not the jet going over head or even you own gun.
     But enough with the problems and lets get onto the good things with the game. The guns feel very solid in your hand, and when the sound does decide to work it is a spectacle to behold. What I would say is the best bit in the whole of the game is the destruction, the whole world can just change around you. No more can you hunker down behind a wall as said wall has just disappeared due to the rocket launcher sent from across the room. The destruction is just the right amount as well, guns will make shrapnel fly and make dents in the material,but in that situation I just described the enemy can't just open fire on the wall and watch it crumble away. On the whole the multiplayer is the best I have ever played and would thoroughly advise picking up the game at your earliest convenience.
Onto the score:
Length: As long as you want to spend on it.                                                                                         10/10
Multiplayer: Really good.                                                                                                                      8/10
Sound: Poor and will conk out at times.                                                                                                 5/10
Gameplay: Solid guns and brilliantly designed maps.                                                                            10/10
Graphics: Flawless with brilliant distraction.                                                                                         10/10
Giving us a grand total of 9/10. Don't forget this is just for the multiplayer side of the game. You can expect my review of the full game inc the multiplayer shortly.
Hope you liked my review, you can follow my on twitter for updates on post and general news at https://twitter.com/TheGamesCritic
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment