Saturday 16 March 2013

Where could it go next? Battlefield

Hi guys
Welcome welcome welcome, to a new series that I will be starting from now on in which I will examine major series and see where they could develop and what could be changed. As you will have read from the title this post I will be examining the Battlefield series, so lets get straight into it.
      I will admit now the only Battlefield game I have played is Battlefield 3, but I was highly impressed by that game, it is my favourite FPS and my favourite multiplayer game. Anyway in BF3 you have 4 classes in the form of Assault, Support, Engineer and Recon, these four classes has been down sized from BF:BC2 which had 8 classes, I think it should stay with the four classes, but the guns you unlock should be for versatile as to which class you can use them in. As you will know if you have played any of BF3 the leveling system is a very very slow one, in BF4 I would like to see a considerably sped up leveling system, there is a fine line between feeling a great reward at leveling up and feeling you barley never level up. I would put BF3 on the latter side of the line, also there are certain levels when you are highly uninterested in what you have just unlocked.
     I think the massive maps are a part of the Battlefield legacy, and that it should stick to it. I would also like to see many more game modes in the game, in BF3 there are only 3 modes you will want to play(pre-DLC) and all of them are highly generic. A feature many people have said they would like to see in BF4(myself included) is a Battlerecorder of sorts, something with which you will be able to watch your match back and make awesome montages. My last wish for BF4 is more guns, you do feel slightly bored after a while with the same guns over and over again, but that is a small complaint.
Just a quick side-note at the end of this post, BF4 is more that lightly to be announced at the GDC in late March so keep your eyes peeled for that and all the info we will be getting, BF4 may also be announced as to be coming to next-gen consoles as well as current-gen.
Alright my fellow gamers that is it for this post I hope you liked it, the coming months will be very busy for me, so don't expect the same number of posts you have been seeing from me lately.
Thanks for reading
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment