Thursday 13 June 2013

E3 2013: Battlefield 4

Hi guys
 If you are new to my blog then you won't know just how big a fan on Battlefield I am, so I'm sure you can understand why I was so excited to see the first BF4 mulitplayer game play footage at E3(which you can watch at the bottom of the post). It was about 6 minutes long and totally blew me away. There was a massive skyscraper made of glass which collapsed, a tank which Italian Job style fell through into a car park. It looked to be the perfect game and I couldn't wait to get my hand on it. Then I tuned into the Battlefield livestream from their booth at E3. I was prepared to be totally blow away. Instead all I felt was a slight disappointment! We have been promised Levolution, revolution that effects the level. But so far the only destruction I have seen in the one shown map is one building collapsing. Now I understand that the game is in Pre-Alpha, so along way from  being finished, but I would have liked to have seen much more destruction. Battlefield is know for the big maps and it's destruction, and I am yet to see that this game is keeping up with the vibe of next gen. I am still very excited for the game, and can't wait for the beta "fall this year", so I will have to wait and see how that takes shape.
       In case you haven't watched the stream let me get you up to date with what has been revealed, a spectator mode, in which you can have a top down view, first person view, third person view, and a free camera in which you can go anywhere you want. Rest assured there will be loads of cinematic films on the Internet come the release on BF4. It has also been announced that you will be able to dive under water, to be able to have an even more stealthy approach on your traget. There is also, what is being called a "sprint swim", in which you obviously swim faster! I have seen some footage of a player swimming, and it looks so much more realistic than the stock still swimming of BF3. The camera now rocks from side to side whilst swimming, and water splashed onto your screen.
     That is all for now, I hope you can understand where I am coming from with my complaints.
Thanks for reading
Ed

1 comment:

  1. load of crap! Bodies half in deck, able to walk through walls or get shot through walls. Controls are crap. Obviosly made for on-line play and totally botched the campaign mode. Just played call of duty ghosts and even though the campaign mode is very short (finished in under three hours on vetran) it's far and away better than the battlefied 4 garbage. Guess single players no longer wanted as customers! Well, thats what they have accomplished.

    ReplyDelete