Tuesday 11 June 2013

Sony E3 Media Briefing Breakdown: Part 1

Hi guys
 There are two type of games this morning, the ones who are you ecstatic that Playstation scored a home run last night, then there are the Xbox fans who are trying to distance themselves from the train wreck that is Xbox One. You would never think that I was a Playstation fan boy would you?
     Right as the title suggests over the next few weeks I will be breaking down the amazing(READ not train wreck) experience that was the Sony Media briefing at E3 2013.
 


I'm going to be honest with you, the first third or so of the briefing was pretty dull. They talked about a Vita which I don't have, and some TV(blissfully not a lot) which I watch else were, the highlight of that section was seeing the beast that is the PS4 in the metal flesh.



It was after that that thing started to get going, for real, the games started to be brought out in force, I can't remember them in chronological order so I will just talk about them as I remember them! What struck me most, was a little franchise called The Elder Scrolls. Yes that is right; a game which was only supposed to be making its way to PC will be making its way to the PS4 and Xbox One. This game is the 6th instalment in the Elder Scrolls franchise, and a game that I will definitely be getting upon it's release in 2014, there will also be a exclusive console beta for the PS4!

The next amazing game is inFamous Second Son, for this game we got a new trailer that showed Delsin(The new protagonist) being basically a total bad ass. It appears that as Cole's special ability was to do with electricity, Delsin looks to be able to command some form of fire. This game will see you taking the reigns of Delsin and trying to free your new city from tyranny. During the trailer we see Delsin in a car driving to some slightly forested areas, this may mean that the world may be more than just the city! 



    
I know that I have only covered two games in this post, but I want to talk about each game to their fullest extent. Is there a specific game you want me to talk about in part 2? Leave it down in the comments. Also how did you find the E3 press conferences?
One last note, you can now subscribe to my newsletter to be notified when ever I upload a post! Just enter your email address in the box on the right of your screen.
Thanks for reading
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment